Yesterdays announcement on Phase 2 included some unexpected surprises not least the increase in travel distance allowed to include all of the County. We now look forward to welcoming all of our club members living in Co. Cork back to the Marina. Irish sailing has revised its Return to Sailing Scheme to take account of recent developments. And we have attached a copy for all members
Roadmap to Reopening Kinsale Yacht Club Phase 2 -8th June
• KYC marina will open to all those living within County Cork
• KYC Marina open to visitors from all of County Cork to overnight White Sail club cruise to commence on Friday evening 12th June at 19.00hrs for household units and for mixed household crews in compliance with social distancing. Squibs welcome
• KYC junior sailing to recommence under guidance of Class Captains Dave Akerlind-Toppers, James Matthews-Lasers, and Ray Hanley-Oppies
• WC’s and Showers to open on Thursday 11th June. KYC Bar remains closed
• Social distancing remains in force on the marina and in changing facilities
• Parties of up to 6 not from the same household can meet indoors and outdoors while maintaining social distancing
• Club fishing event on Sunday 21st June. Details to be announced shortly
Roadmap to Reopening Phase 3 -29th June
• Travel restrictions within the country lifted.
• KYC Yacht Club building will open including Restaurant and Café facilities. We are reviewing the latest government guidance in relation to Restaurant and Bars and will decide on full extents of the bar opening in the next week or so and will advise accordingly
• ‘Cut-off’ date for white card has been extended to 31st December 2020
• Social distancing remains in place
• Club racing due to commence, see calendar on www.kyc.ie for full details
• Junior sailing course will commence on 6th July. John Stallard is writing directly to all those who have registered. See also notice on www.kyc.ie
We are looking forward to some ‘normality’ and welcoming most of our members back to the marina next week and on Friday 12th at 19.00hrs for a cruise out the harbour. Details of the cruise will be published on WhatsApp. For those wishing to join the WhatsApp group please give me a call or txt at 087 2671904. All boats that can maintain the required social distancing rules are welcome. It is intended to run these Friday evening cruises in lieu of the TGIF series until Phase 3.
In all of our actions we have linked reopening and/or restarting of activities to the Government and Irish Sailing guidelines. If the phases are delayed or indeed accelerated, we will re-examine our timeline accordingly. Risk Assessments are required before commencing any new activity and we have already completed a comprehensive set of risk assessments at the club. The health and safety of our staff and well as our members is paramount.
A few points to note:
• Return to Work Guidelines require KYC too maintain a register of all persons on the marina in the event of an occurrence of Covide-19 and a requirement to carry out contact tracing.
• If you have any of the Covid19 Symptoms, i.e. high temperature, shortness of breath, breathing difficulties or a cough, lack or smell or taste please stay at home • If you live in county Cork after June 8th and want to come to the marina please: o Swipe your membership card at the gate when you enter. This applies to All members including individual members of family or household units
o Maintain social distancing of 2m separation at all times on the marina including when talking to marina staff. Single file, one way traffic on the gangway. Walk on left hand side of marina in direction of travel. Pass to the left of people. Do not congregate in groups on the marina.
o Wash hands using hand sanitiser provided as you enter and leave
o Cough into a tissue or your elbow
Can I request those of you, who have not yet paid your membership or marina fees and are in a position to do so please pay as soon as possible. Our bank details are AIB, Pearse Street, Kinsale :IBAN IE50 AIBK 9340 8908 6120 08 For those of you paying your membership the relevant fees are at: www.kyc.ie Don’t forget to add the Social Voucher charge if appropriate to your membership fee.
Mike Walsh, Commodore